Sunday, November 2, 2008

My First Car in Life - A Volvo from 1968

My very first car was the one you see in the image above. I purchased it the same year I got to be eighteen years old, 1985. I had worked for some months to save up and payed the man 2500 swedish kronor for it, which is about 250 Euros. It was originally red but the paintjob left quite a lot to wish for so I painted it black with a roller in my dads garage. The word "orange-paint" found its meaning on this car I think. Anyway it was a car - it was mine - and it moved. So even though it was very slow and actually consumed as much oil as it did petrol - it was real fun and I had some really good times in it.
The image here above is actually from my second Volvo. I had a few in those teenager days. Cheap cars that broke down as fast as one could keep up repairing them. Anyway in this one I actually tried to redo the interior as you might see from the image. Like it or not - In those days I thought it was rather cool. Perhaps not the way I would do it today but still - it was fun creating something.
Cheers Micke

1 comment:

Ellsworth Mciltrot said...

I think you did a pretty good job on the restoration of both cars. I wouldn’t have guessed that Volvo was red until I read your post! Well, cars need constant maintenance from their owners, particularly the old ones. Repairs and replacements are necessary to keep these vehicles running.